Thursday, April 1, 2010

Stuck in a Rut

Welcome to my first ever blog!! I'm kinda nervous about it. Why a blog? Well, I'm going to do something kinda crazy. I will be doing my first full marathon in December 2010. That's 26.2 miles!! We start training this month and I'm going take you all with me.

The other reason for this blog is that I'm stuck. I started a weight loss journey in June 2008. I made good steady progress up until February 2009 losing a total of 50lbs. Unfortunately I've been recycling the same 10 pounds ever since that time and I have another 97 pounds to go.  I've gone to great lengths to try to continue to drag myself down the path, because I don't want to go back. I've joined a gym and I joined my local TOPS chapter. Dunwoody 531!!! TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) is a great weight loss support organization. My chapter is the best!! They keep me accountable and I would probably be recycling more than 10 pounds if it wasn't for them. However, I feel that it's time for the gloves to come off. If I'm going to run this race and still be standing at the end, the rest of the weight has to come off.

Hope to see you all at the finish line.
Jaime5

5 comments:

  1. Go Jaime! It's awesome that you're doing a marathon, I have almost completely quit running due to knee pain. I too have lost 50 lbs and stopped. I still work out every day (most weeks) but have stopped counting calories (which is probably the problem). Anyway I am proud of you! This will be a great way for people to be inspired by you! Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaime you are an inspiration to all of us at TOPS - I admire your running, I could not run if zombies were chasing me! Walking I can do though - and WILL go to the 5K in June, even though being there at 7 is going to be a huge inconvenience :-) heehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, you want to lose 97 more pounds? But wouldn't that make you stick-like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey good job with the blog-can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete