Thursday, April 8, 2010

Starting Over

I hope everybody had a great Easter holiday. I know I did. Lots of food and family and the scale proves just how good a time I had. Sometimes you have to start over and forgive yourself for failed past attempts. Learn what you can and try again. So, here is my starting weight from my weekly weigh in at my TOPS meeting.


Not pretty...


So there it is, 272.4. My plan this week is to get back to the basics and the good habits that got me to a 50lbs loss. I'm off to a good start. I made it to the gym this week for the first time in ages. I made a shocking 5am appearance on Wednesday and put in some time on the treadmill, also took the 2.5 mile loop around Chastain Park after work. Today I made it back to spinning class!!! It's a unique form of torture, but I like it. It felt good to be back fighting for a bike & breaking a sweat. I want to make the 5am gym time a habit. Less traffic, less people and I get to work earlier. Also, it will give me a chance to check out the weights without to many bulging biceps around, which I find a little intimidating. 

I'm looking forward to getting back to running with North Gwinnett Galloway this Saturday. It feels like forever, but its only been three weeks. I'm taking a break from the Galloway Getting Started program this session. I really need some more flexibility with my schedule and a little variety. Running the same routes get old after a while and Chastain gets so crowded in the spring and summer. Also, I feel like I'm not as strong a runner as I was going into the fall. I'm sure my lack of gym time has much to do with it, but I can't push the pace to much when I'm leading a group. I will miss my GS peeps and I'll be sure to visit. I'll still be getting my two weekday runs in, they'll just be later in the day and where they fit best in my schedule. 

I'll be checking back in next week after Tuesday nights weigh in. Hope you all have a great weekend. 

Jaime5




5 comments:

  1. We'll miss you! But you definitely need to do what makes sense for you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on how much weight you have already lost and I look forward to following your progress and wish you luck. I have some health problems to get over to get back out their running and I always look forward to your Facebook posts because they motivate me to want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaime is the S#*T !

    This is Rachel btw, it shows up Robert because of all the profiles it allows we only have a google one and it is really RJ's.

    Anyway, you look awesome and I think it is great that you are training for a marathon. You have bigger cojones than me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it has only been 6 days since you posted but I am really getting antsy for another post! I get on here almost everyday. RJ and I have started counting calories again. I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

    ReplyDelete